IL-COOK-SCHAUMBURG-L Archives

Archiver > IL-COOK-SCHAUMBURG > 2002-04 > 1018198623

From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: [IL-Cook-Sch] OBITUARIES - general
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:57:10 -0500

Hi to the list....
I have just sent several obits to the list from the April 1-7th Daily Herald.
I am not sure if I CAN continue this or that you are even interested in the effort.

IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED...just delete them without opening....
I will not be putting anything other than the obit itself on the message
so you will not be missing out on anything....

I select only those people
who were BORN in the Schaumburg AREA,
LIVED for a length of time in the area,
WORKED in the area or
have related names that are of our area.
I include Elk Grove, Elgin, some of DuPage, Des Plaines...and some others...I think you have the idea....

I scan by reading, not through any FIND mechanism....

If you are interested in doing this for yourself, here is HOW/where....
Go to http://www.legacy.com/DailyHerald/LegacyHome.asp
then
scroll to ONE of the 30 days that they keep the records on file.....
click on your date of interest.
Scroll to the BROWSE FULL TEXT and click - then wait a minute.
Scroll to SHOW where you should select ALL and click GO
then wait a minute.....
and then scroll away....
If you want to print that one single obit...then click on the persons name and BLOCK what you want to print....
notice that the date of the paper it appears in is at the last line of the obit.....so be sure to include it in your blocking....
then Control+P and click on selection option and hit enter....

IF YOU ARE Interested in reading the paper itself....go to www.dailyherald.com
SCHAUMBURG is in COOK COUNTY....there are some selections that are specific to Schaumburg, so look for them.....

at

.
.
.