IL-COOK-SCHAUMBURG-L Archives

Archiver > IL-COOK-SCHAUMBURG > 2002-04 > 1018827715

From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: [IL-Cook-Sch] Military Sites
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:42:03 -0500

I found these on another list that I am on.... I have NOT checked them all.
If anyone on the list finds a Schaumburg Area person,
please
let the list know WHERE they should look for their own ancestor.
Try to narrow down the search areas for all of us......

WWI Civilian Draft Registration Database
http://userdb.rootsweb.com/ww1/draft/search.cgi

Ancestry.com-WWI Civilian Draft Registrations
http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/3172a.htm

Michael John Neill - World War I Draft Regist...
http://www.rootdig.com/draft/worldwaronedraft.html

World War I Draft Registration Cards
http://www.nara.gov/genealogy/w1draft.html

USIGS RESEARCH LIBRARY -- Military Collection...
http://www.usigs.org/library/military/links/wwi.htm

Military Records for Family History and Biogr...
http://www.state.nd.us/hist/infomilitary.htm

Records of the Selective Service System, 1940-
http://www.nara.gov/guide/rg147.html#147.3.7

World War II Draft Card Sample Images
http://www.rootdig.com/draft/worldwartwo.html

WW2 4th Draft Registration
http://www.kinquest.com/genealogy/resources/ww2draftcard.html

Lineages’ Genealogy Site: Pension List, 1820
http://www.lineages.com/vault/Pension_1820_results.asp

Ancestors as 1812 Veterans
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyharris/1812vets.htm

War of 1812 - Who
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyharris/1812who.htm

cwsoldie.txt at ftp.rootsweb.com (FTP)civil war records
ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/de/civilwar/cwsoldie.txt

CEMETERIES:

State Veterans Cemeteries
http://www.cem.va.gov/orm.htm

Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemet...
http://www.cem.va.gov/listcem.htm

You can get to the above sites through here along with many other veterans
options such as headstones and markers, benefits, how to obtain records and
replace lost medals, etc
Burial & Memorial Benefits
http://www.cem.va.gov/

Department of Veterans Affairs Home Page
http://www.va.gov/

This is where to write to for obtaining replacement Medals:

Obtaining Replacement Medals
http://www.cem.va.gov/orm.htm

This is the form you have to print out to request the medal:

Military Record Requests (SF 180)
http://www.nara.gov/regional/mprsf180.html

These sites have lots of information and will take you to many other sites
for many other years of military service and information:

Confederate/civil war information/lists
http://members.aol.com/awill84810/genealog.htm

Interactive Genealogy: Location and Military...lists
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/literary/463/inter-loc.html

Revolutionary War website lists
http://www.rootsquest.com/public/export.txt

Military Records for Family History and Biography
http://www.state.nd.us/hist/infomilitary.htm

Civil War Sick Report
http://www.bitsofblueandgray.com/SickBookCoE.htmGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

This thread: