IL-COOK-SCHAUMBURG-L Archives

Archiver > IL-COOK-SCHAUMBURG > 2002-04 > 1019410804

From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: [IL-Cook-Sch] CCC- teach us please.....
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:40:04 -0500

I am interested in hearing from individuals who experienced CIVILIAN CONSERVATION CORPS
first hand....
How did you find out about it......
What did your parents think about it......
Did you have any idea WHAT you were going to do......
How did you join, exactly what steps did you follow..
Did you need parental signatures...
Were there age limits....
How long was the stint to be...
How did you travel to your work area....
What types of work was done....
What was the criteria for joining this group....
Did you get paid....
Do you know, are there official records anywhere regarding participants....
What did YOU do.......
What was life like during your time with the CCC....
Where did you live....
How did you travel.....
What was the duration at different sites.....
Please tell whatever you can to give us (me) a first hand account.....
Please teach us.....

at

at

.