ILDEWITT-L Archives

Archiver > ILDEWITT > 2003-09 > 1063204764

From: "Judy" <>
Subject: [ILDEWITT] Re: Gregory`s
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:39:24 -0500

Taken from "Sesquicentennial Celebration 1837-1987 - 150 - years Farmer
City, Illinois" Page 245, Published 1987

FRED AND COBINA REYNOLDS FAMILY

Mr. and Mrs. Fred E. Reynolds reside at R.R. 1, Farmer City. They were
married in 1959 in LeRoy. Fred has lived in the Farmer City area all his
life. He is the son of Fred L. Reynolds and the late Esther Baker Reynolds.
Fred was graduated from Moore High School in 1955 and served in the United
States Navy for three years. He is now employed in construction as an
ironworker for Local 112 in Peoria, Illinois.
Cobina is the daughter of the late Merle and Irene Miller of LeRoy. Cobina
attended LeRoy schools and was graduated from Saybrook-Arrowsmith High
School in 1957 and from Champaign Beauty School in 1958. Cobina's mother was
raised and went to school south of Parnell. She was the daughter of Elmer
and Ida Gregory. Mr. and Mrs. Percy Miller of Lane were Cobina's paternal
grandparents. Fred's grandparents were the late Robert and Anna Reynolds of
DeWitt and Clyde and Mary Baker of Weldon.
Fred and Cobina are the parents of four children: Laura who lives in Farmer
City and is a computer operator at Illinois Power; Doug who lives west of
Farmer City and farms; Chris of Farmer City, employed by Mid-America; and
Peggy who lives at thome andis employed as an accountant at Orange and Blue
in Champaign. Thereis one grandchild, Brooke, the daughter of Laura. Brooke
attends kindergarten at Franklin Grade School.
All four children were involved in civic and school activities. Both Fred
and Cobina were active in Little League, Cub Scouts, school activities and
were 4-H leaders for eleven years. Fred is Democrat committeeman, and past
Chancellor of Knights of Pythians. Cobina is in DeWitt County Home Extension
and babysits with their granddaughter.
Submitted by Cobina Reynolds