ILFAYETT-L Archives

Archiver > ILFAYETT > 1999-11 > 0942643296

From: "Penny Lewis" <>
Subject: Fw: [ILFAYETT-L] Charter Members of Crum's Chapel near Altamont from CLOW obit
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:21:36 -0600

Hi everyone,

Sure is strange that someone would write about Crum Chapel Cemetery. I was
their today taking photos of tombstones. I started to transcribe the
Cemetery but it was to windy today. My papers blew everywhere had to quit. I
do remember seeing Ayers Buzzard tombstome (huge) so I know I remember
seeing it. Crum Chapel Cememtey is very small country cemetery.

You go to St. Elmo, Fayette County, IL turn on Elm Street, Go North out of
town passed the high school about four miles to the 2400 road then turn east
on 2400 go about 1 mile east to 2325(on the corner to your right is Crum
Chapel Cemetery. The church is no longer standing but a stone has been
erected with Crum Chapel Cemetery on it.

Thanks so much for sharing the Obituary with us. Has it been submitted to
the fayette County GenWeb page yet?
http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilfayett/ilfayette.htm

I am still working on mine I hope to get them uploaded soon.

Penny

The Family of Todd & Penny Lewis
http://www.uftree.com/UFT/WebPages/PennyLewis/GENWEB3/index.htm

Lilly Family of Sussex County, Virginia
http://www.uftree.com/UFT/WebPages/PennyLewis/LILLYFA3/index.htm

searching for:
BAILEY, BARTIMUS, BARTHELEMES, BOEN, CRUM, ENGLAND, FINLEY,
GRANFIELD, HOLT, (W)HARTON, LEWIS, LILLY, MELSON, METHAM,
PATTERSON, RADCLIFF, SMITH, STOKES, WALKER, WISDOM
**