ILFAYETT-L Archives

Archiver > ILFAYETT > 1999-12 > 0944063360

From: <>
Subject: [ILFAYETT-L] Samuel SHARP, 1870, Fairview IL
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 09:49:20 -0600

I had my son look through the newly completed index for the 1870 census at the
State Archives in Springfield yesterday, and he was able to locate our Samuel
SHARP, son of Micajah SHARP of Seminary Twp, Fayette County IL.

1870 census, Fairview, Bond County, IL:
Samuel SHARP, farmer, age 25, b. IL
wife Elizabeth, age 20
ch: Charles, age 2
Albert, age 10

Albert was Samuel's nephew Albert Morgan SHARP, son of Samuel's bro. Micajah Lewis
SHARP who was captured before Atlanta during the Civil War and reported died at
Andersonville. Samuel had served in the war with his older brother (Albert's
father) and he became Albert's guardian after the death of Albert's grandfather
Micajah in 1866, but shortly after 1870 guardianship was given to B.F. HALLER
(whose relationship to Albert I have not yet determined.)

I am still trying to piece together what happened to this family, as I surmise that
Samuel died shortly after 1870. (He could not be located in the 1880 Soundex.)

I am interested in tracing what became of Albert Morgan SHARP, and Charles SHARP
(son of Samuel) as well as any other children Samuel and Elizabeth may have had. I
would appreciate any information anyone might have to share.

Elaine Bennett-Sharp
mailto:

This thread: