ILFAYETT-L Archives

Archiver > ILFAYETT > 1999-12 > 0944325782

From: <>
Subject: [ILFAYETT-L] Micajah L. SHARP
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 10:43:02 -0600

Jerry,
Micajah L. SHARP who married Lucinda Tedrick was a son of Micajah SHARP b.
abt 1806 in KY, who came to Fayette County by 1830 and resided in Seminary Twp.
until his death in April 1866. Lucinda was his second wife; he m. Sarah THOMPSON
in 1857, but she d. after the birth of their son Albert Morgan SHARP.
Micajah L. SHARP enlisted in the Union army as Lewis M. SHARP, along with his
younger brother Samuel. Both are in the muster rolls as "captured before
Atlanta" in 1864, and Lewis (Micajah) reportedly died at Andersonville Prison. I
sent for his Army pension records, as the family went to some trouble to secure
his pension for his orphaned son Albert. Lucinda turned custody of the little
boy over to his grandfather Micajah, and Samuel took over guardianship after
Micajah sr. died. After that, guardianship fell to B. F. HALLER.
The Fayette County marriage index contains a third listing for a Micajah
SHARP. The elder Micajah, whose wife Martha was named on the 1850 census, later
married Rebecca TERRY who became his widow in 1866.

Elaine Bennett-Sharp
mailto:

> I have a Micajah L. Sharp who m. Lucinda Ann Todrick, Nov. 24, 1861. I guess
> this isn't the same individual?
>
> Jerry Blaylock

This thread: