ILHAMILT-L Archives

Archiver > ILHAMILT > 1999-08 > 0935139114

From: "Thresa Urban" <>
Subject: [ILHAMILT-L] Samuel Riley Foster descendants
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 03:51:54 -0500

ok here goes. Let's see how confused we can get.

Samuel Riley Foster b 1 Feb 1863
md Mary Veatch? b 24 AUg 1771
children:
Thomas Veatch Foster b 26 Sep 1788
Sara Foster b 31 May 1790
Rachel Foster b 27 Jul 1792
Irvin(Evans, Evan) Foster b 29 Nov 1794
Elizabeth Foster b 17 Mar 1896
William Foster b 25 Dec 1797
Samuel Riley Foster b 1 Jan 180
Betsy Foster b 11 Nov 1801
Auguston Easton Foster b 5 Sep 1803
Nanyelen Foster b 10 Nov 1814
All these above children were b Harrison Co., KY

Samuel Riley Foster b 1 Jan 1800
md #1 Margaret "Peggy" Brown
children:
William Veecher Foster b 1824 Harrison Co., KY
md Amanda Melvina Durham (Durrum)
Mary Ellis "Polly" Foster b 1825
Samuel Riley Foster b 28 Jan 1828 IL
md Julia Ann Odle
Sarah F. "Sally" Foster b 1832 IL (possibly Sangamon Co.)
Margaret M. Foster b 1834 IL
Augustine Easton Foster b 1837 IL
Serilda H. Foster b 1839 IL
Elenora Foster b 1841 Hamilton Co., IL
Nancy E. Foster b 10 Nov 1845 Hamilton Co., IL

md#2 Deliah Schoolcraft 17 Aug 1851 Hamilton Co., IL
children:
Louis E. Foster b 19 Jun 1853
md Julia Belle
Milinasa J. Foster b 1854
Marinda J. Foster b 1855
John Foster b 4 Jul 1856
md Laura B. Banes
children:
unknown child d bef 1919
William Foster d bef 1919
Ida Foster d bef 1919
Ben Foster
Thomas Foster
Earl Foster
Claude Foster d bef Aug 1950
Dora Elizabeth Foster b 10 Mar 1892 Hamilton Co.
md Perry Hall
Sarah Foster
md ?? Hedges
Esta Foster
md ?? Sullivan
Cordelia Foster b 1858
md ???Darnell
James Henry Foster b 13 Nov 1860
Mary Foster b 9 Feb 1864

I am descended from William Veecher Foster/ Amanda Melvina Durham. Any info
on Amanda would be appreciated (parents, siblings, etc) She has been a
blank wall for me. If I have touched on anyone you are interested in,
please let me know. I do have more info (death dates, burial locations,
etc) but it becomes unwieldy to put on a list. Samuel Riley Foster #2 and
both of his spouses are buried in Little Springs Cemetery.

This thread: