ILKNOX-L Archives

Archiver > ILKNOX > 2003-10 > 1067474330

Subject: [ILKNOX-L] Re: Selah Morgan
Date: 29 Oct 2003 17:38:50 -0700

Surnames: Selah Morgan
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/4g.2ADE/1583.2

Message Board Post:

James Morgan born 1707
Homer Coleman :
Friday, November 12, 1999

JAMES MORGAN was born 1707 Perquimans, NC; and died Abt. 1781 Nash County, NC. He married ELIZABETH SHELAH.

More About JAMES MORGAN:

In a will written November 27, 1774 and entered into probate October Court 1781.

Of Edgcomb County and Elizabeth Parrish. " sick and weak of body"

To son John Morgan - land joining Norflets Branch ; son James Morgan - land on East side of Deep Bottom Branch joining Bogg Branch, John Taylor etc; Son Henry Morgan - cow & calf etc; son Hardy Morgan - cow & calf etc and remainder of land where I now live, after his mother's death. To my wife Elizabeth - the remainder of my estate to raise my children; after her death, to go to my son Stone and Bette Cealle Morgan.

EX: wife Elizabeth Morgan

Wit. Edward Moore, John Finch (his mark) Mary Keff(?)(her mark)

Notes for ELIZABETH SELAH:

Will of Elizabeth Selah Morgain ( her mark) written May 4, 1790 Recorded November Court 1790

To eldest son James Morgan - mare, with first colt to go to son William Morgain) also 4 cows , 2 yearlings.

To son William Morgan - 3 cows , 3 yearlings , to be in care my brother William Morgan.

Ex : brother William Morgain, Elias Owens

Witness: James Taler (Taylor) (his mark), Robert Vick (his mark)

More About ELIZABETH SELAH UNKNOWN:

1: In looking through Nash County Court records, I noticed there was at least one family with the surname Selah

Children of JAMES MORGAN and ELIZABETH SHELAH are:

i. JOHN SR MORGAN, b. 1749; d. abt. 1837, Nash County, NC.

ii. JAMES MORGAN. b.abt. 1740 Nash Cty, NC

iii. HENRY MORGAN b abt. 1743 Nash Cty, NC

iv. HARDY MORGAN. b. abt. 1752 Nash Cty, NC d. March 21, 1811 Nash Cty

v. WILLIAM STONE MORGAN. b. abt. 1746 Nash Ctyt, NC

vi. BETTY CEALLE MORGAN. b. abt. 1755, Nash Cty, NC

More about WILLIAM STONE MORGAN: DEED BOOK 4-279, WILLIAM CHAPMAN Jr. of Nash County sold to WILLIAM STONE MORGAN of same county, on Oct 16, 1787, for 80 pounds Virginia Money, a tract of 300 acres on Tar River and Bryant creek, adjoining John Taylor, Micajah Thomas and Daniel Owens. Witnessed by Mary Owens and HARDY MORGAN.

I have found where Elizabeth married Joseph
Selah after james died 1781. Joseph died 1797 and left 3 orphans. Elizabeth Selah, Richard Selah, and Mourning Selah.

This thread: