ILMCDONO-L Archives

Archiver > ILMCDONO > 1999-11 > 0942101777

From: Lorrell Louchard <>
Subject: HARRISON, DRISCOLL, HIRE: 1834-c. 1900
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 14:56:17 -0800

Hi all -
I am new to your list. I'm researching the family of Josiah HARRISON
(1805 NC - 1852, IL). Josiah homesteaded in Tennessee township in 1836
& is buried in Friendship Cemetery. His wife was Margaret DRISCOLL, who
married George HIRE after Josiah's death. In addition to family
information, I would very much appreciate a description of the area as
it is now. Is this still farming country? Also, his son mentioned
swimming in a "river." An old map shows what appears to be a good-sized
river or stream crossing the corner of their property, but it is not
named on the map, and I can't find one on modern maps. Does such a
stream exist? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. I
would be more than happy to exchange information with anyone who is
interested.

Lorrell Louchard

This thread: