ILPEORIA-L Archives

Archiver > ILPEORIA > 1999-03 > 0922548886

From: "Bill Cribbs" <>
Subject: Re: [ILPEORIA-L] Peoria Journal Star Obit Needed
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:34:46 -0600

> Would anyone be willing to look up a couple of obituaries in the
> Peoria Journal Star 1991 - 1999 Obit file for me?

Headline: Robert Streibich
Publication Date: March 25, 1997
Source: Peoria Journal Star
Page: D6
Subjects:
Region: Illinois
Obituary: PEORIA -- Robert James Streibich, 84, of 3415 N. Sheridan Road
died at 6:55 a.m. Monday, March 24, 1997, at Buehler Christian Home.
Born Jan. 21, 1913, in Peoria to Christian Carl and Lisetta A. Schultz
Streibich, he married Ruth E. Schaefer on Jan. 30, 1936, in Peoria. She
survives.
Also surviving are one son, Robert John of Chillicothe; one daughter, Mrs.
Robert (Cheryl R.) Horton of Peoria; four grandchildren; six
great-grandchildren; and two nieces.
He was the business manager at Parkway Chrysler, Plymouth and Subaru Inc.,
retiring in 1973.
He was an emeritus member of the Life Institute of Management Accountants.
He was a member of Sigma Nu at Bradley University and the Bradley University
Alumni Association.
He was a member of Northminster Presbyterian Church, where he served as an
elder.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at his church. The Rev. Roane Deckert
will officiate. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at the
church. Entombment will be in American Mausoleum. Richard S. Wilton, funeral
director through Cumerford-Endsley-Diggle Funeral Home, is in charge of
arrangements.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association Central Illinois
Chapter, 606 W. Glen, Peoria, Ill. 61614-4831 or his church.

Headline: Marie Gallagher
Publication Date: May 22, 1993
Source: Peoria Journal Star
Page: A17
Subjects:
Region: Illinois
Obituary: Marie L. Gallagher, 83, of St. Joseph's Home died at 3:25 a.m.
Friday, May 21, 1993, at the home.
Born Dec. 9, 1909, in Bartonville to Francis and Anna Harris, she married
Leo E. Lukehart. She later married Harold Garman on March 22, 1952. He died
in 1953. She then married Earl Gallagher. He died Dec. 9, 1990, in
Knoxville, Iowa. One son, three sisters and one grandchild also preceded her
in death.
Surviving are one daughter, Sharon K. Williams, and one brother, Francis
"Bud" Harris, both of Peoria; seven grandchildren; and 12
great-grandchildren.
She was a banquet waitress in the Peoria area and was later a hostess at
Peoria Country Club for 22 years.
She was a member of St. Peter's Catholic Church in Peoria, where services
will be at 11 a.m. Monday. The Rev. Ted Hochstatter will officiate.
Visitation will be half an hour before services at the church. Burial will
be in Ressrection Cemetery. Arrangements are by Cumerford-Endsley Memorial
Home.
Memorials may be made to St. Joseph's Home, the American Cancer Society or
the American Heart Association.

Headline: Fern Engle
Publication Date: August 23, 1991
Source: Peoria Journal Star
Page: C7
Subjects:
Region: Illinois
Obituary: Fern R. Engle, 78, of 3915 S. Granville, Bartonville, formerly of
321 Buena Vista, Bartonville, died at 9:55 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21, 1991, at
her residence.
Born Oct. 9, 1912, in Bartonville to Frank and Anna Maurath Harris, she
married James Clyde Engle on Feb. 24, 1933, in Peoria. He died March 16,
1978, in Bartonville. She also was preceded in death by a son, James
Francis, and three sisters.
Surviving are one daughter, Mrs. Richard (Beverly) Chambers of Bartonville;
one brother, Francis "Bud" Harris and one sister, Marie Gallagher, both of
Peoria; seven grandchildren; and nine great- grandchildren.
She worked for Hiram Walker and was a member of St. Boniface Catholic Church
and its Mothers Club.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at her church, the Rev. Duane Leclercq
officiating. Visitation will be one hour prior to services at the church.
Burial will be in Swan Lake Memory Gardens. Davison-Fulton Bartonville
Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Midwest Affiliate or her church.

Be sure and visit the Obituary Links Page to access hundreds of obituary
resources divided by state and counties at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7748/obit/obituary.htm

And the Family Surname Obituary Links Page at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7748/obit/famobit.htm

And the incredible Obituary Links with search engines at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7748/obit/links.ht

This thread: