ILRANDOL-L ArchivesArchiver > ILRANDOL > 2005-09 > 1126743490
From: "PENNY PEACE" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:18:10 -0400
I have done quite a bit of research on this family and thought I'd post a summary, hoping that someone else is researching the Hoy/Whalen name or one of the collateral families. I have quite a bit of info on the grand-children.
BARTHOLOMEW HOY was born 1797 in County Sligo, Ireland, and died October 08, 1870 in Horse Prairie Edgar Co IL. He married JULIA WHALEN (born MD) June 08, 1835 in Randolph Co. IL. I believe Julia may have been the daughter of James Whalen
Children of BARTHOLOMEW HOY and JULIA WHALEN:
(1) THOMAS HOY, b. October 17, 1837, Randolph Co., IL. Do not believe he married. Died after 1910.
(2) MARY HOY, b. July 1838, Randolph Co., IL; d. Aft. 1910. Do not believe she married. In 1910 she is living with her nephew's wife and children in St. Louis. Believe she died at "Little Sisters of the Poor house for the Aged" in St. Louis circa 1920.
(3) BRIDGET HOY born 1839 in Randolph Co., IL, and died July 23, 1875. She married JOSEPH ROSE May 05, 1868 in Red Bud.. After her death, husband moved to Nebraska with their two daughters. Both daughters were nuns: Mary (1868-1928, died in Indiana) and Julia Barbara (1870-1956).
(4) JAMES MANUS HOY born November 1841 in Ruma and died January 29, 1925 in Los Angeles, CA. He married MARGARET FAHERTY, daughter of MANUS FAHERTY and ELEANOR. Lived in New Mexico 1880-1900.
(5) JOHN G. HOY was born November 08, 1842. He married MARY ANN MUDD. Belived to have died 1921 Prairie du Rocher.
(6) PATRICK ANDREW HOY was born February 1845 in IL. He married CLARA A. HOUSE February 1877 in Hanford, CA. Was in California by 1877.
(7) AGNES SUZANNA HOY was born January 13 1847 - 1849 in Red Bud and died June 26, 1928 in Flagstaff, Coconino Co, AZ. She married WILLIAM AUGUSTUS JAKLE, son of CHRISTIAN JAKLE and BARBARA MANN. For baseball fans, a grand-son married a daughter of Branch Rickey.
(8) ISABELLA HOY was born March 1856. She married JAMES ROSCOW. By 1900 they're in St. Louis MO and in 1910-20 in Flagstaff AZ where I believe James died. Isabelle is widowed on the 1930 St. Louis census.
|HOY/WHELAN/MUDD/FAHERTY/ROSE/ROSCOW/JAKLE by "PENNY PEACE" <>|