ILSALINE-L Archives

Archiver > ILSALINE > 2001-09 > 0999989431

From: "Dorothy Jensik" <>
Subject: [ILSALINE-L] Saline County Genealogical Homecoming
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 18:50:31 -0400

I just returned from So. Ill. today and went through a long set of e-mails I received during my week away.

I wanted to let everyone know how great a time I had at the event. I did not get to anything except the one at Southeastern College and then, after Labor Day, research at the County Clerk's office in Harrisburg.

The attendance was sparser than last year's event, I was told, but the volunteers from the society did put in a tremendous amount of work and effort to make the event productive. They all deserve a round of applause and thanks for this.

I hope they will schedule a homecoming for next year, and I hope more people will be able to attend. It would be nice to put faces with names (just as we are sometimes fortunate enough to do in our ancestral research).

I found gravesites of greats and g-gs (and maybe? even farther back to the Revolutionary War and the Indian Wars) this week, took pictures of the tombstones with a digital camera, and now have them loaded in my computer ready to attach into the Family Tree site. What was really wonderful about this was the expansion of my extended family--except now I'm going to need more memory in my computer!!

Dorothy Jensik

This thread: