ILWHITE-L Archives

Archiver > ILWHITE > 2000-09 > 0968996197

From: "Sue VanNess" <>
Subject: [ILWHITE] DAR mag March 1970 - Hawthorn
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:36:37 -0500

I just came across a note about my ancestor in the March 1970 DAR magazine p308.

My gg grandfather (Robert Allen Hawthorn b.1841 White co. Ill and died in Memphis Tenn, 18 April 1861) was in the Civil War 131st Illinois Voluntary Infantry. His great grandfather, also Robert Hawthorn who fought in the Revolutionary War from Ninety-Six, South Carolina. This Robert Hawthorn was b. 05MAR1754 in county Monaghan, Ireland and died 07JULY1834 in White Co., Illinois.

Robert Hawthorn is in an DAR article Page 308 "Marked Graves of Revolutionary Soldiers-Enfield,Illinois Cemetery White Count, Illinois" Would anyone on the list have a copy of this article? Thanks.

Robert Hawthorn's (Rev War) son John Hawthorn died in 1818 in the Little Wabash River at Carmi, Illinois. (John Hawthorn and Rutlege McClary drowned in 1818 at Lowry Hay's Mill on the Mill Race of the Little Wabash River at Carmi, Illinois). Does anyone have access to information or newspaper article about that accident and death. Thank you.

This thread: