ILWHITE-L Archives

Archiver > ILWHITE > 2000-09 > 0968998495

From: Cindy Birk Conley <>
Subject: Re: [ILWHITE] DAR mag March 1970 - Hawthorn
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:14:55 -0500

Sue,

Is there a mention of the author of that article? My guess is that it
would be the late Margaret Davis Land, a DAR member and historian from
Enfield. Copies of her research notebooks are at the Carmi Public
Library in Carmi, and I have her history of Enfield on my website at
http://scribers.midwest.net/cbconly/enf1.htm .

I don't know if the DAR article is at the library, but I do know there
were not newspapers in White County in the 1818 period so what you have
are transciptions of family histories done by Mrs. Land and others.

In the next week or so I might be able to see what is in Margaret's
Hawthorn file. Its not a direct or closely related line for me.

Cindy

This thread: