ILWHITE-L Archives

Archiver > ILWHITE > 2007-04 > 1177248721

From: ,
Subject: Re: [ILWHITE] Mt Olive or Mt Oval cemetery & Shaw Cemetery
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:32:01 -0000

Author: RandallJensen
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.illinois.counties.white/4361.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Kimberly,
The 3 cemeteries you mention are all within a couple miles of each other, south of Norris City. Shaw and Mt Olive are right on the White & Gallatin County line. I have found mention of a Mt Oval Cemetery also. I believe it is a small cemetery on the grounds of Mt Oval Church. Below are links to each of those locations. When you get to those sites hit the link under maps & photos that has mapquest beside it(it's the bottom link).

www.placenames.com/us/p418304/
www.placenames.com/us/p1823972/
www.placenames.com/us/p414034/

Hope this helps & good luck