IMPROVED-ORDER-OF-RED-MEN-L Archives

Archiver > IMPROVED-ORDER-OF-RED-MEN > 2008-07 > 1215784597

From: Melissa Hogan <>
Subject: Re: [IMPROVED-ORDER-OF-RED-MEN] Lenni Lenape Tribe No 12 - Albert HSilpath
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:56:37 -0700 (PDT)

Suzanne

Definitely contact David Lintz at www.redmen.org. He can look through reports sent to the national organization if you believe your guy would have been a ranking member. Unfortunately they don't have much materials from the local societies... but do ask, you never know.

I found the most useful information to be in the local and state archives, also check the local newspapers. I was able to locate the annual meeting books for the Alabama IORM organization at the Alabama Archives. I got VERY lucky in that my guy served at the state level in the organization - they had a photo of him in the annual meeting books... besides that in the annual meeting books you find reporting on the local tribes, necrology and lot of "business" stuff... interesting if you are trying to get a fuller picture of the individual.

Melissa