IMPROVED-ORDER-OF-RED-MEN-L Archives

Archiver > IMPROVED-ORDER-OF-RED-MEN > 2008-07 > 1215890995

From: Suzanne Moller <>
Subject: Re: [IMPROVED-ORDER-OF-RED-MEN] Lenni Lenape Tribe No 12 - AlbertHSilpath
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:29:55 -0400

Thank you. I did hear from Mr. Lintz. He is looking through his records.
Good advice about the state archives. I am planning a trip to NJ's in
August.

Suzanne Moller

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Albert HSilpath

> Suzanne
>
> Definitely contact David Lintz at www.redmen.org. He can look through
reports sent to the national organization if you believe your guy would
have been a ranking member. Unfortunately they don't have much materials
from the local societies... but do ask, you never know.

> I found the most useful information to be in the local and state
archives, also check the local newspapers. I was able to locate the annual
meeting books for the Alabama IORM organization at the Alabama Archives. I
got VERY lucky in that my guy served at the state level in the organization
- they had a photo of him in the annual meeting books... besides that in
the annual meeting books you find reporting on the local tribes, necrology
and lot of "business" stuff... interesting if you are trying to get a
fuller picture of the individual.