INDIA-L Archives

Archiver > INDIA > 2000-05 > 0959375521

From: "Maurice Davies" <>
Subject: THOMAS, GOODWIN, PINNIGER
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 22:12:01 +0100

Hello Listers,

My gt.grandfather was Isaac THOMAS. His daughter's baptism entry in 1874 at Chunar gives Isaac's occupation as 'Subordinate, D.P.Works'
Can anyone tell me please what the D.P.Works was and what a 'subordinate' would do.

Isaac THOMAS married Elizabeth GOUGH and had daughters
Millicent and Grace Ethel (b 1874).
Millicent marr...........GOODWIN and had a dau. Iris Gertrude (b. 1898)
Grace Ethel marr. Broome PINNIGER in 1900. Their children:- Irwin Edward Oman b. 1901 at Saharanpur
Broome Eric b. 1902 " "
Dorothy Grace (Dolly) b.1904 " "

If anyone has any of these names on their family tree I would love to hear from them. I am particularly keen to contact descendants of the PINNIGER family.

Maurice Davies

This thread: