INDIA-L Archives

Archiver > INDIA > 2000-09 > 0969311995

From: "Pauline McGregor Currien" <>
Subject: [India-L] Portugal Burials 23 cont
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:19:55 +0100

> > > Those of you interested in the Portuguese Burials at Lisbon which MAY
> > > relate to the British Factory I will be posting more from the Index
> > > to the LDS Film 0477648 this week so watch this space..There is
> > > generally no further information except the exact date of the burial.
> All surnames begin with "P" see below.

THIS IS THE LAST IN THE BURIAL INDEX (Sorry I completed A-Z out of order)
It would be interesting to know if any body can relate these families to
families who subsequently went on to Portuguese India or the Presidencies
etc. I know a few families certainly did but whether this was an isolated
incident or common place is guesswork on my part. I have read that the
British Factory in Lisbon closed in 1810 but trading continued privately.
PAULSEN Mary 1721
PATRICK Robert 1722
PEEBLES William 1722
PARKER Robert 1723
PENNYMAN Charles 1723
PINCHIN Christopher 1723
PETIT Margaret 1723
PRICE Joseph 1723
PRICE William 1723
PETERSON John Jacob Elger 1723
PERINGER William 1723
PRUIST Mary 1723
PROSER Mary 1725
PARKER Nicol 1725
PRAVENEAU Jasper 1725
POTTER John 1726
PERKINS Henry 1731
PALTER Magdalen 1731
POOL Charles 1735
PROCTOR Thomas 1735
PRATVIEL Elizabeth 1736
PROCTOR Captain 1736
PROPER Mrs 1741
PALMES Mrs 1741
PARRY Captain 1742
POWER Mrs 1742
PAULSEN George 1743
PERRY Aaron 1743
PRATT Keith William 1744
POURE Edward 1744
PAUL Edward 1744
PRATVIEL Mary 1745
PODOLYN Maria 1746
PRIAUX Thomas 1746
PRINCE Thomas 1747
PATTEN James 1747
PEAKE Thomas 1748
PRATIVEL Peter 1748
PHILLIPS Thomas 1748
PODOLYN Daniel Gustave 1748
PARKER Revd Staveley/Stanley ? 1749
PARKER Thomas 1752
PURCH William 1752
PEELE William 1762
PHILIPS Thomas 1766
POTTER Margaret 1766
POTTER John 1767
POYS Mary Magdalene 1769
PAINE Juria 1769
POLEY jane 1769
PARMINTER William 1770
PETERSON John Henry 1771
POWELS William 1771
POWER Francis 1772
PHILIPS Mrs Mary 1772
POLLET John 1773
POLLET Ambrose 1773
POPPLE Robert 1774
POLLET Adam Charles 1774
PEROCHON Elias 1774
PEDDER Harding 1775
PENNY William 1776
POLLET Peter Adam 1777
POLLET Peter Wade ? Hewit ? 1778
PRITCHARD William 1780
POLLET Anne 1780
PETITE Adeline 1781
PARR Thomas 1783
PAYN Philip 1784
PELLICAN Robert 1785
PURRY David 1786
PIGOTT Hugh 1789
PARK Samuel 1789
PHILLIPS James 1789
PASLEY James 1790
PAPLEY John 1790
PEROCHON Edward Gideon 1791
PEACOCK Thomas George Bulkeley 1791
PARKER Thomas 1791
POPPE henry 1791
PATRICK William Eves 1792
PALMER Ambrose 1792
PEACOCK elizabeth 1792
PHILLIPS Susannah 1793
PACY Charlotte 1793
PEACOCK Thomas 1794
PERRY Arthur 1796
PHIBBS William 1797
PELOTTE - 1797
PIERTO - 1797
POOLE John 1798
PHIPPS Charles 1798
PEROCHON Jane Henrietta 1798
PRAGUE - 1798
PELZMANNS - 1798
PALMER Mr Ignace 1798
PRICE Thomas 1799
That's IT. Going for a rest...... Pauline Cheltenham UK .. After Dusk..

This thread: