INDIA-L Archives

Archiver > INDIA > 2003-05 > 1053793043

Subject: [India-L] Re: Webber Bengal Army
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:17:23 EDT

Hi David, i do not know of this William Reynolds Webber in the immediate
family. My Webbers in India are William George Everard Webber married to Catharine
(nee James, I think). He was in the 42nd Foot (?) and was killed in 1866.

His son Francis Peirson Webber (Captain) also fought in India and was in the
Staff Corps (there are photos of him with the Earl of Minto at Calcutta in the
British Library. He was blinded in the early 1900's and returned to England.
I believe there was a sister called Ethel Bertha.

Polly

This thread: