INDIA-L Archives

Archiver > INDIA > 2004-08 > 1093628549

From: pauline Mee <>
Subject: Re: [India-L] re GRO Chaplain Returns/PRIOR
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:42:29 +0100 (BST)

Hello Mary Margaret
"My" Priors were born in India in Madras in the 1830's onwards.(Caroline, Samuel & Amelia) I believe they were children of a soldier, possibly George Prior. I haven't managed to get any further back yet. It doesn't look as though they are the same family as yours, but I will keep your e-mail just in case.
Thanks so much.
Pauline
wrote:
Dear Pauline,

I am writing to you re the PRIOR name you requested information on.

My ggaunt - Jemima DICKSON (Southampton) married a Thomas Murray PRIOR (from
Rathdowney, Queens, Ireland) in Millbrook, Hants 27.11.1812

I have information and photographs of thier two daughters, Jemima Frances
Sophia PRIOR & Louisa Elizabeth Catherine PRIOR. Their mother died (Kent)
after their birth and Thomas Prior remarried - to an Eliza SKYNNER & they had
children.
According to letters I have, Jemima's neices & nephews all were in Australia
except one - who I believe was a RM PRIOR (Robert??) who stayed in England -
Southampton area I believe. I have several of his letters to my Ggrandfather
(1899)

I can provide you with more information if you think there is any link to
your PRIORS.

Yours sincerely
Mary Margaret