INDIANA-L Archives

Archiver > INDIANA > 2002-11 > 1038259703

Subject: [INDIANA] Bradley, Babcock, Fink, Rubendale, Steinbach,
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:28:23 EST

This book has no cover, and no index, and no author. I bought it on Ebay; it
just has the insides, but it is full of Indiana biographies. I am not
researching this family, just thought I would share. I do not know anymore
about these families or these surnames. NOTE: I don’t know if there is any
additional mention of this family in the book, it has no index. I do not want
to sell this book. I am typing the biographies from it.

Typed by Lora Radiches:

Surnames in this biography are: Bradley, Babcock, Fink, Rubendale, Steinbach,

LEROY BRADLEY is a member of the Fort Wayne architectural firm of Bradley &
Babcock, with offices at 221 West Wayne Street. Both members of this firm are
college trained, have the background of experience overseas during the World
war and subsequent years have brought them a steady enlargement of their
professional skill and accomplishments. Mr. Bradley was born at Fort Wayne,
February 1, 1895, son of Edgar and Cordelia (Fink) Bradley. His paternal
grandparents were James K. and Maria (Rubendale) Bradley, who moved to Fort
Wayne in 1869. James K. Bradley died in 1901 and his widow died in 1980, at
the age of ninety-two years. Edgar Bradley was born at Crestline, Ohio,
October 12, 1857, first attended school in that state and finished his
education in Fort Wayne. In early manhood he entered the service of the
Pennsylvania Railroad Company, and for many years was a locomotive engineer,
but is now retired. He was a charter member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive
Firemen and Engineers, is a member of the Plymouth Congregational Church and
the Masonic fraternity. His wife, Cordelia Fink, was born at Leo, Indiana,
September 2, 1861, and her people were early settlers there. LeRoy Bradley
was the only son of his parents and graduated from the Central High School at
Fort Wayne in 1913. He completed his training in the architectural course at
the University of Illinois in 1917. Before he had an opportunity for
practical experience joined the colors for service in the World war and was
overseas one year. While in France he attended the Officers Training School
and was commissioned a second lieutenant of artillery. He returned to the
United States in July, 1919, and was discharged the same month. While in
France, after the armistice, he attended Ecole des Beaux Arts at the
University of Lyons. Mr. Bradley f or three years after the war was with the
old and well known Fort Wayne firm of architects, Griffith & Goodrich, was
then admitted to membership in the firm, but withdrew in 1926 to join Mr.
Babcock in the firm of Bradley & Babcock. Mr. Bradley is a member of the
Sigma Tau professional engineering fraternity, the Gargoyle Society, is a
member of the Fort Wayne Architectural Club, and belongs to all the Fort
Wayne bodies of Masonry, both York and Scottish Rite and Shrine. He is a
member and a past president of the University Club, Exchange Club, Loyal
Order of Moose, Chamber of Commerce, the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the
Plymouth Congregational Church. He married, June 22, 1923, Miss Cora
Steinbach, of Bourbon, Indiana, a graduate of the Bourbon High School and the
University of Chicago. Prior to her marriage she was a teacher. She is a past
regent of the Tippecanoe Chapter of Bourbon, Indiana, and also of the Mary
Penrose Wayne Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution. Mr. And Mrs.
Bradley reside at 2020 South Barr Street, Fort Wayne. They have one son, Carl
LeRoy, born July 11, 1930.

This thread: