INFLOYD-L Archives

Archiver > INFLOYD > 2006-04 > 1144752277

Subject: Re: John S. Doughten, b. NJ, in Floyd Co, IN
Date: 11 Apr 2006 04:44:37 -0600

Surnames: Leroy, Armstrong, Doughten, Riley, Matthews, Sampson, Robinson
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/3h.2ADE/2069.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Yes, I am very interested in your 3 great grandmother. While I am not related to her or you, I am researching this family for another 3 great grandchild of hers. Armstrong Matthews Robinson. Adell Jane Leroy first married John Armstrong in West Alexander, PA. This couple lived in nearby Ohio or Jackson Co, WVA. They had two children, William C. b. 1820 and Alexis Leroy Armstrong, b. 1823. Alexis Leroy Armstrong married Mary Jane Riley in Nashville, TN. Their daughter, Edine Armstrong married Harley Matthews in Nashville, TN. Their son, Armstrong Robertson Matthews married Margaret Elizabeth Sampson in Harlan Co, KY. Their daughter, Elizabeth (Bess) Bentley Matthews Robinson was the mother of Armstrong Matthews Robinson (see above). Bess died in 1998 and I have remained close to this family. In this past two years I've been researching the Robinson and Matthews family lines and Adell Jane Leroy Armstrong Doughten has been a mystery. Do you know where she came from!
? Or, anything about her parents?

I show that George M. Doughten married first, Sarah Hollis and second Deborah Meley. Is that right? I would love information about the descendants of John S. Doughten and Adell Jane Leroy Armstrong Doughten. Do you know how or why she came to New Albany, Floyd Co, IN from West Virginia and married John Doughten?

Please email me off list at . I would be happy to share what information I have on this family.

This thread: