INGLIS-L Archives

Archiver > INGLIS > 2004-03 > 1078998668

Subject: Re: James Inglis & Port Inglis
Date: 11 Mar 2004 02:51:08 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/RYk.2ACEB/131.1.3.1

Message Board Post:

Linda: My info would be about the Inglis branch only. John L. Inglis [founder of Port Inglis] was born in 1839; his father Andrew in 1815; grandfather John in 1774 or so; ggf John about 1740; gggf Gavin about 1710. I am not aware of Gavin having a son William, but it is possible. One of John's [b. 1740] sons was named William. It seems very unlikely to me that the New Jersey Inglises were related to John L. Inglis of Port Inglis. As I recall, there were some other Inglises in Florida in the late 1800's. If your William was in New Jersey by about 1760 [per his marriage there], he would have been in the US 90 years before the first of my known Inglis relatives [Andrew in 1850] came over. From other research I know that there were Inglises in Virginia and other parts of the US before the American Revolution. Have you looked for William in the records of the revolutionary war soldiers? Goog luck. Kay

This thread: