INHENDRI-L Archives

Archiver > INHENDRI > 2006-01 > 1136675333

Subject: Mordecai MILLER and Isabel ADAIR
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 18:08:53 EST

Mordecai MILLER was born 22 Dec 1755 in North Carolina, according to an aunt.
He died in 1841 or 1844 in Claremont, IN and is buried in Walnut Cemetary or
Walnut Grove Cemetary in Hendricks County, Indiana.

I don't have any other information on Isabel ADAIR.

According to my aunt, Mordecai served with George Rogers Clark during his
expedition to Kaskaskia and Ft. Sackville. He was also with Capt. William
Boskins in 1770 at the Battles of Kettle Creek, Cowpens, and Eutaw Springs.

I haven't confirmed any of this.

I'm also told that Mordecai had a son named John Miller who married Celia
DALTON in 1846.

In the 1850 census for Wayne Co, Indiana , I DID find a John MILLER married
to a Celia ... but the name John was crossed out and "Samuel" was written above
it ... on the census form! John/Samuel was born in 1805 in Pennsylvannia.
Celia was born in 1825 in Ohio. The 20 year age gap makes me wonder if Celia
is John/Samuel's 2nd wife.

The Wayne CO, IN marriage records list a John MILLER and Celia DALTON married
on 22 Jan 1846.

Meanwhile, I have found that there was a Mordecai MILLER who served in the
Revolution ... but I can't find a record of a son other than a son named
Mordecai. I'm wondering if John MILLER is actually the grandson of Mordecai who
served in the Revolution, son of Mordecai's son Mordecai.

ANY information on this family would be most appreciated!

Marti

This thread: