INMONROE-L Archives

Archiver > INMONROE > 2010-01 > 1264644806

From: darlene easton <>
Subject: Re: [INMONROE] Nicholas and Sarah (Calor) Fleenor
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:13:26 -0800 (PST)

Randi,

In the book Autobiography of A Village by Joseph Helon Young
my uncle in 1847 Nicholas Fleenor bought part of "the old Alexander
Farm" and platted out the town of Unionville. Although at the time the
town was called Fleenorsburg. He was a real estate developer. Nicholas
Fleenor was appointed Postmaster in 1849. He platted out 19 more lots in town in 1855 and that time the town was called Unionville. He was also
replaced as postmaster in 1855. There are a few more mentions of him
in the book.
Darlene Easton