INOWEN-L Archives

Archiver > INOWEN > 2002-08 > 1029023692

From: "Gene and Joan" <>
Subject: [INOWEN] BRASIER/BRAZIER/BRASURE
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:54:52 -0700

I am researching information on the family of William Brasier. The data I have gathered suggests that he was born about 1816 in Owen County, Indiana, parents are Isaac Brasier and Sarah "Sally" Curry. There is no data to prove this. He died before February 1835 in Owen County. His estate papers were filed May 11, 1835.. He married Nancy Walters January 11, 1833 in Morgan County, Indiana according to the Indiana marriage index. She was the daughter of Robert Waters/Walters, Sr. and was born in 1816 in Clay County, Kentucky and died about 1882 in Madison County, Arkansas. They had 2 children, Perry (born 1833 in Owen County) and William, Jr. (born 1834 in Owen County). Perry married Maria Billings and William Jr. was married to Maria Frawner. Nancy had a second marriage to Hiram Langwell, June 26, 1836, in Morgan County, Indiana. Land records for William Brasier indicate 42.25 acres in Morgan County, and estate papers also indicate a lot in Gosport.

Any information regarding this family would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Gene Brasier

This thread: