INWELLS-L Archives

Archiver > INWELLS > 2005-12 > 1133751968

From: "Connie Brubaker" <>
Subject: Wells County Genealogy Society
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:06:08 -0500

Just a bit of information to all genealogists researching Wells County. The Wells County Genealogy Society has opened a research center for Wells County residents and researchers. The Library is located one mile north of Uniondale at a small business called "Pages from the Attic". Anyone interested in using our research center may drop in on days the shop is open or call for an appointment (see below).
We are asking all our members to submit a complete family tree and we will have on a computer data base with an every name list of our members. We expect the list to be at least 5000 names. We will accept non-member family trees also for this project.
Our membership is open to anyone interested in Genealogy research. We meet on the odd months (Jan.,Mar., May,July,Sept.,and Nov.) and have a great newsletter which is published the same month as our meetings. The cost is only $10.00 per year for singles and $15.00 for families. Membership would be a great Christmas gift which would give all year. We also have two books we have published "Early Settlers of Blackford and Wells Counties"($40.00 +shipping) and " Wells County Will Index" ($15.00 plus shipping). The "Poneto Journal" on CD is available at only $5.00 + shipping.

The Society is currently working on an every name index of Deeds and Abstracts for Wells County, Histories of Small towns, Uniondale, Poneto and Tocsin are currently being researched, and plan to research the history of the other small towns of Wells County. Volunteers are needed for these projects.

Holiday Hours for Pages from the Attic are:
Wed., Thursday, Friday 9-6
Saturday 9-5
This is thru Dec 23. Hours are by appointment only until March 1.

Call or e-mail Connie Brubaker at 260-543-2423 or for more information.

Connie Brubaker
President
Wells County Genealogy Society

This thread: