IRELAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > IRELAND-ROOTS > 2007-01 > 1167706522

From: Dave Ingram <>
Subject: [Ireland-Roots] INGRAM, WADE, MAGUIRE, WHITE, DRURY, FALKNER, LEACH,FERGUSON, LUCAS, McKELVEY, CHAMBERS all born Knockbride area,County Cavan. Ireland, late 1700s to 1909.
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 18:55:22 -0800

INGRAM, WADE, MAGUIRE, WHITE, DRURY, FALKNER, LEACH, FERGUSON, LUCAS, McKELVEY, CHAMBERS all born Knockbride area, County Cavan. Ireland, late 1700s to 1909.

Four generations of ancestors and related families of my great-grandparents William Ingram & Elizabeth Maguire were born in Ireland during the above time frame. My folks immigrated to Canada in 1850.

I’m searching for any descendants, most of whom would still be in Ireland based on the following data.

A few of the those who married into my Ingram families are familiar names of early settlers within 40 miles of Peterborough, Ontario.

SAMUEL INGRAM, EDWARD INGRAM, JAMES INGRAM, b. Abt. 1800, Fartha, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; d. Knockbride 17 Feb 1878

Generation No. 2

SAMUEL INGRAM married JANE unknown

Child-ALEXANDER INGRAM, b. 01 Mar 1824, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland. Baptism: 25 Mar 1825, Rev. P. Smith

EDWARD INGRAM married ANNE unknown

Children

i DAVID INGRAM, b. 13 Mar 1826, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland. Baptism: 19 Mar 1826, Rev. P. Smith

ii. ANNE INGRAM, b. 13 Mar 1826, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland. Baptism: 30 Mar 1828, Rev. P. Smith

iii. EDWARD INGRAM, b. Bef. 19 Jul 1829, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland. Baptism: 19 Jul 1829

iv. JANE INGRAM, b. Abt. 1832; m. JOHN WADE, 14 Feb 1856, Knockbride, County Cavan, Ireland. Res at time of marriage noted on marriage register, Jane-Fartha, John-parish of Drumgoon

JAMES INGRAM married ISABELLA unknown

She was born Abt. 1807 in Knockbride Parish and died 14 May 1878 in Fartha.

Children

i. MARY INGRAM, b. Abt. 1823, Fartha, Knockbride Parish, m. ISAAC MAGUIRE, 26 Apr 1837, Knockbride, County Cavan, Ireland.

Res at time of marriage, Mary-Knockbride, Isaac-Lavey

ii. ISABELLA INGRAM, b. Abt. 1824, Knockbride Parish, Ireland; d. 03 Aug 1862.

iii. JAMES INGRAM, b. Abt. 1825, Fartha, Knockbride Parish, Ireland.

iv. WILLIAM INGRAM, b. 15 Oct 1829, Fartha, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; d. 02 Oct 1888, Bethany, Ontario.

v. JOHN INGRAM, b. Bef. 28 Apr 1839, Fartha, Knockbride Parish, Ireland.

Baptism: 28 Apr 1839, Rev. Joseph Corrigan

vi. SAMUEL EDWARD INGRAM, b. Abt. Aug 1846, Fartha, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; d. 10 Feb 1918, Seefin, Townland, Knockbride Parish.

vii. MARGARET ISABELLA INGRAM, b. 23 Apr 1853, Fartha, Knockbride Parish,

DAVID INGRAM married ISABELLA DRURY, daughter of JOHN DRURY and ISABELLA FAULKNER 06 Aug 1856 in Knockbride, Parish

Res at time of marriage, Isabella-Ardmore, David-Fartha

Children

i EDWARD INGRAM, b. 05 Aug 1857, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

Baptism: 06 Sep 1857

ii JAMES INGRAM, b. 06 Dec 1860, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; d. 22 May 1947, Knockbride Parish.

iii. JOHN INGRAM, b. Abt. 1862, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; m. MARY ANNE THOMPSON; b. Abt. 1862.

iv. ISABELLA INGRAM, b. 27 Jan 1865, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; m. JOHN LEACH, 25 Jul 1907, Knockbride, County Cavan, Baptism: 05 May 1865

Both res Fartha at time of marriage

v. MARGARET INGRAM, b. 07 Sep 1868, Knockbride Parish.

Baptism: 15 Dec 1868, Rev. Henry Hugh O'Neil

vi. WILLIAM INGRAM, b. 16 Sep 1872, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

Baptism: 14 Nov 1872, Rev. W.....

vii. ROBERT INGRAM, b. 26 Aug 1874, Knockbride Parish, d. 17 Apr 1894, Fartha,

Burial register: Fartha, 17 April, 1894, age 19, Rev. Anderson.

Baptism: 04 Aug 1875, Rev. W.....Burial: Knockbride Parish.

viii. ELIZABETH INGRAM, b. 18 Sep 1878, Fartha Townland, Knockbride Parish.

ix. CATHERINE INGRAM, b. 22 Mar 1881, Knockbride Parish.

Baptism: 07 May 1882, Rev. Isaac Coulter

ISABELLA INGRAM married MATTHEW 'MATT' FERGUSON 13 Apr 1843 in Corroneary Presbyterian Church, Knockbride, Ireland.

He was born Abt. 1817 in Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

Burial: Cartwright union Cemetery, Durham County, Ontario.

(Notes for ISABELLA INGRAM: Her place in this Ingram family is not verified beyond a guess based on these coincidences; her place and date of birth, family naming practices of the day, baptized and married in same parish church as my GGF, William Ingram, when she was 18. Isabella on 1851 Manvers/Cartwright census with husband Matt Ferguson, the same area where William Ingram and his wife settled in 1850. It is also possible Isabella could be a daughter of either

Edward & Anne Ingram or Samuel & Jane Ingram who also had children in the same time frame in Knockbride Parish. All Ingram's found in parish records were Presbyterians. Marriage details, record of her son Edward J, 1851 census and burial information courtesy of a descendant, Garnet Ferguson in Ontario.

Child

i. EDWARD JOHN FERGUSON, b. 14 Jan 1844, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; d. 22 Jul 1921, Thornbury, Ontario..

Baptism: 14 Jan 1844, Corroneary, Presbyterian Church, Knockbride, Ireland

Burial: Clarkson Union Cemetery, Thornbury, Ontario.

JAMES INGRAM married MARGARET MCCLELLAN.

Child:

i. JAMES4 INGRAM, b. Bef. 15 Mar 1840, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

WILLIAM INGRAM married ELIZABETH MAGUIRE,

12 Mar 1849 in Knockbride Parish, County Cavan,

She was a daughter of THOMAS MAGUIRE and MARY WHITE, born 22 Jun 1829 in Knockbride Parish, Ireland, and died 11 Apr 1904 in Bethany, Ontario.

In 1849 they left Ireland and moved to Scotland where William worked in a textile factory. In 1850 they came to Canada by sailing ship, landing at Quebec City, 31 on Sunday, July 31, 1850 where the 1st of 10 children was born the following Tuesday, August 2, 1850. Notes in the Ingram Bible state they "Had relatives near Cornwall from whom they obtained a wagon and a team of oxen wagon.

They first settled on a farm near Janetville, north-west of Bethany, Ontario, where they lived the rest of their days.

Copy of marriage registration from Parish Records obtained from PRO Dublin, Ireland, held by great grandson Dave Ingram.

SAMUEL EDWARD INGRAM married ELIZABETH WADE, daughter of ARRON WADE, 18 Apr 1878 in Knockbride, County Cavan, Ireland,

From "Knockbride a History" by Eugene Markey, Cavan Museum: "Samuel Ingram of the Townland of Drumhillagh and James & Joseph Ingram of Fartha are listed as registered dog owners under the Dog Regulation of Ireland Act, for the Barony of Clankee, Parish of Knockbride, dated 1890."

Baptism: 05 Aug 1846, George J. Kellett

Note++(BAPTIZED BY SAME MINISTER, GEORGE J. KELLETT WHO MARRIED MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS, WILLIAM INGRAM & ELIZABETH MAGUIRE. d.i.

>From copy of baptism & burial registers held by Dave Ingram. Born in Fartha, lived Seefin at time of death. Res at time of marriage, Samuel Edward-Fartha, Elizabeth-Drumhillagh

Child:

i. ARRON JAMES INGRAM, b. 20 May 1879, Fartha, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; d. 27 Oct 1956, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

Generation No. 3

JAMES INGRAM married (1) MATILDA 'TILLY' DRURY 17 Dec 1908 in Knockbride, County Cavan, Ireland, daughter of JOHN DRURY and ISABELLA FAULKNER. She was born 06 Aug 1876, and died Abt. 1909.

He then married (2) ELIZABETH LUCAS, daughter of JOHN W. LUCAS.

17 Nov 1910 in Knockbride. She was born Abt. 1886 in Knockbride Parish,

died 27 Nov 1963, Headstone inscription, Old Church of Ireland Cemetery, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland, "In loving memory of my Father James Ingram, Fartha, Tunnyduff, died 22 May 1947, aged 70 years, his wife Elizabeth died 27 Nov 1963 aged 77 years, their son Harry died 2 Jan 1974 aged 55, interred in England, daughter Ann died 18 Nov 1989, aged 64 years". Vital stats about the children of this marriage are from Knockbride Parish Register copies of birth/baptism/marriages held by Dave Ingram.

Notes for MATILDA 'TILLY' DRURY. Birth date from LDS IGI records. Died giving birth to a son David according to her nephew Tommy Drury as told to Kimberley Walters during her trip to Ireland. Both residents of Fartha at time of marriage:

Burial register: Fartha 29 Nov 1963, 77 years. Rev. Geo. C.A. Miller

Burial: Church of Ireland Old Cemetery, Knockbride, Ireland Res at time of marriage, James-Fartha, Elizabeth-Kn.....

Child of James Ingram & Matilda Drury

i. DAVID INGRAM, b. Abt. 1909, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

According to David's first cousin Tommy Drury, as told to Kimberley Walters, David was not well treated by his new stepmother, so he left home AND IRELAND and no one ever knew where he went.

Children of JAMES INGRAM & ELIZABETH LUCAS

i. MARY JANE CECELLIA 'CELIA' INGRAM, b. 29 May 1915, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland. Baptism: 18 Jul 1915, Rev. G. Anderson

ii. HARRY INGRAM, b. Abt. 1918, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland; d. 02 Jan 1974. Burial: Interred in England

iii HENRY INGRAM, b. 13 Jan 1918, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

Baptism: 10 Mar 1918, Rev. W. Flannery

iv. ANNIE ISABEL INGRAM, b. 23 Feb 1921, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan.

Baptism: 15 May 1921, Rev. W. Flannery

v. ANN INGRAM, b. Abt. 1925, Knockbride Parish, d. 18 Nov 1989.

According to her tombstone data she was 64 when she died.

Burial: Church of Ireland Old Cemetery, Knockbride, Ireland.

JAMES INGRAM married ISABELLA MCKELVEY, daughter of HENRY MCKELVEY, 29 Oct 1858 in Knockbride, County Cavan, Ireland. James baptized 15 Mar 1840, Rev. Joseph Corrigan. Res at time of marriage, Both in Fartha

Child:

i. JAMES INGRAM, b. 05 Nov 1859, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan.

ARRON JAMES INGRAM married CHARLOTTE SOPHIA

She was born Abt. 1879, died 22 Jul 1960 in Knockbride Parish.

Headstone inscription, Corroneary Presbyterian Cemetery, Knockbride parish, County Cavan, Ireland; "In loving memory of Arron James Ingram who died 27 Oct 1956 aged 77 years, also his wife Charlotte Sophia who died 22 July 1960 aged 79 years, also their son Samuel died 11 July 1993 aged 77 years."

Baptism: 14 Aug 1879, W.S. Little, Burial: Corroneary Presbyterian Cemetery, Knockbride, Burial: Corroneary Presbyterian Cemetery, Knockbride, Ireland

Children:

i. CHARLOTTE SOPHIA5 INGRAM, b. Bef. 11 Aug 1914, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland. Baptism: 11 Aug 1914, Rev. G. Anderson

ii. SAMUEL INGRAM, b. Abt. 1916, Calc. from d.o.d. on headstone; d. 11 Jul 1993, Knockbride Parish, Burial: Corroneary Presbyterian Cemetery, Knockbride.

iii. HERBERT ALEXANDER INGRAM, b. 20 May 1920, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland. Birth/baptism date from parish register, d.o.d. from parent's headstone Corroneary Presbyterian Cemetery, Knockbride, Ireland,

Baptism: 03 Apr 1921, Rev. W. Flannery

Generation No. 4

JAMES INGRAM married MARIA ANN WADE

26 Jun 1892 in Knockbride, County Cavan, Ireland. Baptism: Dec 1859

Res at time of marriage, James-Fartha, Maria Ann-Kn......?

Children:

i. JAMES INGRAM, b. 14 Mar 1894, Knockbride Parish, County Cavan, Ireland.

ii. JANE INGRAM, b. 06 Mar 1896, Knockbride Parish, married

GEORGE CHAMBERS, 11 Jun 1924, in Knockbride, County Cavan,

Baptism: 22 May 1896, Rev. G. Anderson

Res at time of marriage, Jane-Fartha, George-Billis

iii. MARY ANN INGRAM, b. 11 Jan 1898, Knockbride Parish.

Baptism: Knockbride, 24 Feb 1898, Rev. G. Anderson

iv. DAVID JAMES INGRAM, b. 03 Oct 1909, Knockbride Parish,

Baptism: 18 Oct 1909, Rev. G. Anderson

My Genealogy Webpages:.......UPDATED: 01 JANUARY 2007
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=713
http://www.gencircles.com/users/daveingram

This thread: