IRELAND-L Archives

Archiver > IRELAND > 2000-09 > 0967831109

From: "Debbie Romilly" <>
Subject: Re: [IRELAND] RETIREMENT/WELCOME/THANK YOU ALL
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:58:29 -0500

Dearest John,
Thank you, thank you for creating this list, for giving so much, and for
allowing me the honour of following in your stead as Listowner. I will give
everything to not let you down or the list you have nurtured for many years.
I do love Ireland with all of my heart, and I hope to follow the fine
traditions you have set for us. You have treated the list as if it is your
home and we have all been invited to a warm and friendly little get
together. This I hope will continue as well as the love of all things of
Ireland. We truly are, as you have so eloquently pointed up, "an empire
stretching around the world. An empire of love, memories, emotions, and
enduring friendships." Certainly your wise words about one day at a time
and keeping it simple are very good advise. So for all of your hard work
and providing such a valuable Irish resource thank you so very much John. I
am very excited, happy and amazed to serve in this way. Thank you too for
all the well-wishes! I see now I have a message about the problems the roll
call might cause some of you! I apologise for this, I will give a heads-up
and look for better timing when we do this again. My epitaph will be, "the
road to hell is paved with good intentions"! If too many messages are
coming in it might be more convenient to switch to Digest Mode. Hoping all
of you have a good weekend!
Slan go foil,
Deb