IRISH-IN-SAINT-LOUIS-L Archives

Archiver > IRISH-IN-SAINT-LOUIS > 2002-12 > 1040169080

Subject: [IRISH IN ST. LOUIS] Re: IRISH-IN-SAINT-LOUIS-D Digest V02 #9
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:51:20 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2002 1:02:04 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> have a book called "Early Irish Settlers in St. Louis, Missouri and
> Dogtown Neighborhood 1798-2000" in St. Louis by Sandra Brunsmann. The
> book is a collection of the names of Irish residents in St. Louis. It
> draws mostly from sacramental records and church records. I bought the
> book because my great-grandfather is listed in it. It would be
> especially helpful to people who are out of town and don't know what
> church held their relly's records. The book concentrates mostly on male
> names, so if you are looking for a whole family, give me all the male's
> names.
>
> Anyway, I am offering to do a look up of no more than five names per
> e-mail for anyone researching the Irish in St. Louis. I will need the
> full name- first and last - of the person to look up and an approximate
> date of birth so that I don't waste time on the wrong "Patrick Kelly".

Diane,

Since the listmaster has given the OK, I am submitting directly. Do you have
any info on a baptism of a Mary Ann Madden in May or June of 1850 or 1851?

Her parents should be Jerome/ Jeremiah Madden and Catherine Grady, but the
problem is that they married in March 1854! So could you check falso or a
Mary Ann Grady at the times stated above?

Thanks so very much! We are in MN so not handy to records.

Kathy Lund

This thread: