IRL-CO-DONEGAL-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-CO-DONEGAL > 2007-02 > 1172328186

From: Michael Kiser <>
Subject: [IRL-CO-DONEGAL] Cassidy, Langan, Doherty/Dougherty, McCloskey
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 06:43:06 -0800 (PST)

I am new to the e-mail list and wanted to see if anyone has any information on the following families:

My great-grandfather, Daniel J. Cassidy, Sr., was born in Letterkenny, Ireland on October 11, 1852. He married Susan Agnes Langan on January 21, 1875 in Letterkenny, Ireland. Ulster Ancestry was unable to find a marriage record for them.

I am unsure what his parents names were or if he had any siblings. He did pay rent on property in Creeve Smith, Letterkenny, Ireland in the 1920's.

He and his family were living in Southport, Lancashire, England in 1880. They then immigrated to the United States in October of 1881. They immediately traveled to Cleveland, New Mexico where they made their home. Daniel died January 14, 1927 in Cleveland, New Mexico.

His daughters married Doherty's who were also from Letterkenny, Ireland. We know of some brothers who immigrated to Mora, New Mexico, USA: James Doughtery (he changed the spelling of his last name when he immigrated to America), John Doherty and Joseph Doherty. Their father is listed as James Doherty and the wife as either Mary Morton or Martha Martin (it is possible he married twice).

His wife, Susan Agnes Langan was born March 21, 1853 in Letterykenny, Ireland. Her parents were Patrick and Anne Nelly Langan. She had the following known siblings: Patrick, Charles, John, Anne (Quigley) and Mary Ellen (Dougherty). She died December 13, 1900.

After Daniel Cassidy's first wife died, he married Sarah J. McCloskey of Philadelphia, PA. Her sister also married a Cassidy, her name was Rose C. McCloskey. Her parents were born in Ireland, although I have a lead on a U.S. Census, I am unsure if her parents were John and Rose McCloskey.

I am looking for any information on any of these families: Cassidy, Doherty/Dougherty, Langan and McCloskey.

Thank you!
Anne

The fish are biting.