IRL-CORK-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-CORK > 2010-10 > 1286199550

From: Dennis Ahern <>
Subject: Re: Cork Examiner Archives
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 09:39:10 -0400

SandyY <> asked on the Cork list:

>Does anyone have access to the actual archives of the Cork Examiner,
>please? I've googled myself silly - even searched the 19th British
>Newspapers Online - Freeman's Journal - and cannot find the information
>below. I found this information on Ireland Old News Index and would
>dearly love to have the transcript, especially for the first William
>WILKINSON whom I believe is probably related to my 3xgt grandfather.
>(They operated a Musical Academy together at one time in the 1840s and
>WAW emigrated to Melbourne.)

>WILKINSON, William A; Dublin DUB IRL, St Kilda Melbourne AUS; Cork
>Examiner (COR IRL); 1864-12-23; dja

From The Cork Examiner, 23 December 1864 -
On the 17th of October last, Mr. Wm. A. Wilkinson, of Wodouga Cottage,
St. Kilda, Melbourne, and formerly of Mountjoy square, Dublin.

>WILKINSON, William Ker A; 16; Dublin DUB IRL; Cork Examiner (COR IRL);
>1865-6-20; dja

From The Cork Examiner, 20 June 1865 -
On the 17th inst., at 15, Lower Baggot-street, Dublin, at 9 a.m., of
consumption, William Ker A. Wilkinson, aged 16 years

In addition, you might be interested that in June of 2008 TG Wilkinson
<> asked for:

WILKINSON, Joseph Norton; 31; Enniscorthy WEX>Dublin DUB IRL; Cork
Examiner (COR IRL); 1861-11-20; dja

From The Cork Examiner, 20 November 1861 -
November 17, at Bushfield-avenue, Dublin, in the 32d year of his age, Mr.
Joseph Norton Wilkinson, formerly of Enniscorthy, county Wexford.

WILKINSON, Sarah "relict of William" ( ); 87; Dublin DUB IRL; Cork
Examiner (COR IRL); 1866-1-12; dja

From The Cork Examiner, 12 January 1866 -
At the residence of her son-in-law, Bushfield avenue, in the 88th year of
her age, Sarah, relict of the late Mr. William Wilkinson, of Enniscorthy.

Dennis Ahern | Irish Death Notice Database