IRL-FERMANAGH-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-FERMANAGH > 2008-10 > 1225356796

From: "Suzanne Dodd" <>
Subject: [IRL-FERMANAGH] New Lister- Help Please MONAGHAN Surname -Enniskillen area
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:53:16 -0000

Hello Listers,
I discovered last week that an ancestor Anne MONAGHAN was born in
Ely/Eli Place Enniskillen circa 1865? No other details for Anne except that she had two daughters Margaret Elenore born circa 1888(no birth record found) and Georgina born circa 1890(no birth record found) and was married? to a Henry J Watson (no record found) who was a miner. I have also a Catherine Monaghan born circa 1833, her father was one James Monaghan a Mason by profession ( taken from a marriage cert of 1850).

Please could anyone tell me where exactly Ely/Eli Place is, what Catholic Church would they have attended circa 1865 & 1830's and if records survive, where are copies held?

This is a completely new area to me, one of which I have very little knowledge so any help and advice would be gratefully received.
Thank you
Suzanne Dodd

This thread: