IRL-GALWAY-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-GALWAY > 2002-05 > 1020349634

From: "Kelly, Laura" <>
Subject: [GALWAY] PART I Heanue ancestry letter
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:27:14 -0500

My inbox has been inundated! So here is the letter in two parts. The first
part, I removed the "conversational" style and categorized by gens. The
second part, I have no clue how those Heanues relate to my line; they start
with a Thadeus Heanue and nobody knows who he is. There are more surnames in
that part because that is the letter writer's direct line. If you find a
connection and want a hard copy of the whole letter I will be happy to mail
you one, just give me your address. Please do a "find" for your surname:

My mom unearthed this letter, penned for my grandfather by, I guess it was
his cousin, Mrs. Brigid Heanue Coyne of Renvyle, Ireland, in 1964. That's
about the time granddad went to live in Ireland for a time. He was Henry
Arthur Heanue of CT (1911-1985).

There's only one unclarified generational name mixup that I've identified
with a "/" slash.

Starts with my g-g-g-g-granddad.
Gen1: LUKE HEANUE.
Granddad's g-g-granddad, married a woman who's name is unknown. They had
three sons whose names survive, but probably more children. Geoffery, James,
Patrick/John (g-g-g-granddad). Scroll down to "Gen2" listings for info on
all.

Gen2: PATRICK/JOHN HEANUE
Son of Luke, he m. Catherine Mullen. She died leaving two daughters, Mary
Heanue and Catherine Heanue, and a son, John/Patrick Heanue (g-g-granddad).
He married again after Catherine, a Brigid Connelly, and they had Pat Heanue
and Annie Heanue.

Gen3:JOHN/PATRICK HEANUE.
Son of Patrick/John and Catherine; grandson of Luke; he came to
Massachusetts with his family, John, Martin (g-granddad), Peter, and
possibly Marie, Maragaret, Rose (died young). They stayed with (aunt?) Mary
Heanue Burns, who had immigrated.

Gen3: MARY HEANUE
Daughter of Patrick/John and Catherine; grnddaughter of Luke; she married
John Burns, lived in Roxbury, Mass. Sponsored (nephew?) John/Patrick's
family to America.

Gen3: CATHERINE HEANUE
Daughter of Patrick/John and Catherine; grnddaughter of Luke; she married
Pat Connelly and their children were Mary Connelly (d. before 1963), Gregory
Connelly, Patrick Connelly (d. before 1963), James Connelly (d. before
1963), Thomas Connelly (d. before 1963), Festy Connelly (d. before 1963),
Peter Connelly, Martin Connelly, Michael Connelly, Annie Connelly (d. 1963,
Roxbury) , Catherine Connelly (she married Patrick O'Connor and lived in
Roxbury, Mass.).

Gen3: ANNIE HEANUE
Daughter of Patrick/John and Brigid, m. Stephen Heanue.

Gen3: PAT HEANUE
Son of Patrick/John and Brigid, m. Annie Kilcoyne of County Sligo. They had
sons and lived in Mass.

Gen2: GEOFFERY HEANUE
Son of Luke; he m. Mary (X). They had Pat, James, Mary (died single), Ann
and Ellen.

Gen3: ANN HEANUE
Daughter of Geoffery and Mary; granddaughter of Luke; she m. (X) Whalen.
Their one son, Patrick Whalen, went to New York.

Gen3: ELLEN HEANUE
Daughter of Geoffery and Mary; granddaughter of Luke; she m. Pat Heanue and
they had Michael (d. before 1963), Catherine (to NY before 1963), Mary (d.
before 1963), Patrick (d. before 1963), Nora (to NY before 1963), John (d.
before 1963), Festy (to NY before 1963), Geoffery.

Gen4: GEOFFERY HEANUE
Son of Ellen and Pat; grandson of Geoffery; he m. Margaret Coyne, and lived
in Derrylough, Galway. They had Kathleen (to NY before 1963), John (to
England before 1963), Joe (to England before 1963), Patricia (to NY before
1963), Anthony (still in Galway, 1963), Geoffery (to NY 1/12/63 from
Shannon; HA Heanue sponsored him to America; he became an NYC cop), Naula
(to NY 1/12/63 from Shannon; HA Heanue sponsored her to America), Nora
(still in Galway, 1963), Gerard (still in Galway, 1963).

Gen3: PATRICK HEANUE
Son of Geoffery and Mary; grandson of Luke; he m. Mary Flaherty. They had
Tom, Brigid, Anne, Catherine, Geoffery, Michael, Patrick, Jim.

Gen4: ANNE HEANUE
Daughter of Patrick and Mary; granddaughter of Geoffery; she m. Philip
Coyne, and they had Paddy, Michael, Marie, Peggy (in Renvyle by 1963),
Kathleen and Brigid.

Gen4: CATHERINE HEANUE
Daughter of Patrick and Mary; granddaughter of Geoffery; she m. Joe Ribbon,
and they had Mary, Brigid, Julia, Kathleen, Barbara. Joe.

Gen2: JAMES HEANUE
Son of Luke, married (X) and had two children, Mark and Ellen.

Gen3: ELLEN HEANUE
Daughter of James and (X); granddaughter of Luke; she m. Thomas Kane.

Gen4: JOHN HEANUE
Son of Mark and (X); grandson of James; he m. Nancy X, and they had Owen,
Mary, Ellen, Catherine.

Gen5: OWEN HEANUE
Son of John and Nancy; grandson of Mark; he married and had Geoffery, Owen,
Patrick, Mary and Anne.

Gen5: MARY HEANUE
Daughter of John and Nancy; granddaughter of Mark; she married and had
Bartley, Michael, John, Eileen Mary, Margaret, Brigid, Anne.

WHEW. More in next post ...

This thread: