IRL-GALWAY-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-GALWAY > 2009-02 > 1235816427

From: "" <>
Subject: [IRL-GALWAY] Peterswell, Gardenblake, and Kilthomas
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 5:20:27 -0500

I was in Peterswell last week. The area is much smaller than I realized so it might be helpful to share information with others who have ancestors from this area. The people there are so kind and helpful. I met a couple at the Kilthomas Church. They contacted another couple and we visited the Kilthomas Cemetery. They were so helpful! One of the gentlemen explained that Kilthomas refers to the church and cemetery. Peterswell is where the small businesses are located, and the area is Gardenblake.

I am interested in any information related to this area--particularly from 1800 to 1870.

Karen

This thread: