IRL-KERRY-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-KERRY > 1999-11 > 0941633622

From: <>
Subject: Re: Maps
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 07:53:42 EST

In a message dated 11/3/99 12:08:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> If these 'maps' ring a bell with someone, would you let me know?
> >Thanks.
Hi Rita,
There are some excellent maps that are called "The Discovery Series Ordnance
Survey of Ireland"
Map # 70 covers most of the Dingle Peninsula
Map #71 covers the Tralee area
Map #78 covers the Glenbeigh and Killorglin area with some Killarney
area
Map #83 covers most of the Caherciveen area
These maps are printed by
Ordnance Survey, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8, Ireland and cost about four punts.
I ordered mine through Kenny's bookstore in Galway, and some I picked up in
little shops in Co Kerry, but if you tell me what area in Ireland you want to
consentrate on, then I can look at my map index to tell you what numbers you
need. These are very nice maps. There are about 89 separate maps in all.
Now can someone tell me how to get my hands on a copy of the 'original Survey
map' for Curraheen, and Drom West, Glenbeigh?
Mary Ann Schloegl
Grand Blanc, Michigan

This thread: