IRL-KERRY-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-KERRY > 1999-11 > 0942717198

From: "Francine G. Weeks" <>
Subject: From Cork to Kerry? What am I overlooking?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:53:18 -0500

My John & Mary (O'Connor) SULLIVAN were born in Cork (1820s & 1830s),
but one of their daughters, also named Mary, was supposedly born in
Kerry. When one of their sons, James, returned to Ireland shortly
before he died (in the 1940s) to look up his family's records
(unsuccessfully), he went to Kenmare to find them. Riobard O'Dwyer said
that none of this SULLIVAN family was from the Beara region. The big
question then is: Where were they from? Somewhere close to both Cork
or Kerry, I'm thinking. Has anyone got any ideas? Am I overlooking
anything obvious? Thanks!
Regards to all,
Fran Weeks
(still searching, despite the odds)