IRL-KERRY-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-KERRY > 1999-11 > 0943309177

From: <>
Subject: EMPLOYMENT service cards?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:19:37 -0500 (EST)

I just received the copy of my GF JOHN P NELLIGAN'S social security
application that he filled out in 1937 at age 67.
I saw that he put a middle name and gave his father also a middle name
and on this form it listed his
U.S. EMPLOYMENT SERVICE CARD as #2310....
Can I then write somewhere and get a copy of the card or application for
the card?...

One other question....I said the middle names have shown up of my GF and
GGF.
My GGF was PATRICK JOHN NELLIGAN
{Neligan} and since there were two other brothers I know of, but no
records yet...and their names were Patrick and James.....would I Not
assume that my JOHN WAS first born son and named after PATRICK'S father
who must have been a JOHN also?
I am saying that because my John was born in 1870...I found a sister in
1866...so to go back twenty or so years.....that is 1846 and my PATRICK
GGF would not have been in Griff Valuation since he would have been too
young but there also is a JOHN NELIGAN of JOHN STREET..where my GF was
born and is listed on the Valuation done in Dingle in approx
1852.....therefore the ages would make more sense?...

Bet I have confused you all.....cause I just did myself..ha.....sorry

I am
Carolanne
NELLIGAN,GEOGHEGAN,MCLAUGHLIN,CONANT,BAILEY,GILMAN

This thread: