IRL-KERRY-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-KERRY > 1999-11 > 0943829351

From: <>
Subject: Re Need help
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 17:49:11 EST

()

"my question was, could someone help me figure out what the lettering
entered in the columns below the headings might mean? "

Under Seanad column in the document is letter S
Under Dail column in the document is letter R
Under residence or property column are letters do (I assume this to be
ditto)
Under franchise & local government column are letters O or HO
Under jurors column the lettering is either E - D or J
What do Seanmud and Dail mean

Replies
From: (Ciaran Quinn)

I'm not sure I can be of too much help, however perhaps the following may be
of
use

the Dail is the lower house of parliament in Ireland, the Seanad (Senate in
english) is the upper house. The Dail is the most important of the two.

Ciaran

Another reply