IRL-KERRY-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-KERRY > 2008-10 > 1224524889

From: Maureen Gamble <>
Subject: Re: [IRL-KERRY] IRL-KERRY Digest, Vol 3, Issue 222 Walsh and Lynch
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:48:09 -0600

This is for Tim re the Walsh and Lynch information

First of all, Tim, your postings of Oct. 19 came through very well at
my end.

I'm hoping you (or anyone on the list) can help with my brick wall
regarding WALSH and LYNCH. I've only been told that the Walsh family
"were cousins" to my ggm or ggf, James William Boyle of Leaha and
Elizabeth Blennerhassett Boyle of Gortatlea. They married in 1886 in
Gortatlea and later moved to Leaha. None of my research to date has
been able to make a Boyle or BH link to the Walshes. What peaked my
interest is that you also have Lynches from Castlegregory. The
Lynches and Boyles were 'great friends' and Pat Lynch emigrated to
the US about the time my gm Mary Jane Boyle did. They continued
their friendship in Washington, DC after Mary (Molly) married. You
are my first chance at putting the Lynch, Walsh, and Boyle families
together. You can write me directly if you have any follow-up.

Maureen Gamble