IRL-KIL-CASTLECOMER-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-KIL-CASTLECOMER > 2010-09 > 1284771771

From: "Gary Cantwell" <>
Subject: Re: [IRL-KIL-CASTLECOMER] Comer miners to Schuylkill Co. PA USA
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:02:51 -0400

Deb,

My Cantwell clan came from 'Comer as miners, we postulate to work in one of
the mines around Cass township, Schuylkill County, PA.

When I chart the average age of the families, the men and their families
were all long lived. Some listed their jobs as engineers (and possibly not
in coal dust all day).

I expect the mine management was hiring the experienced in technical roles
from Ireland mines during a downturn and the famine in many parts of
Ireland.

Sláinte.

Gary