IRL-LIMERICK-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-LIMERICK > 2011-04 > 1303011844

From: "Margaret Lloyd" <>
Subject: [IRL-LIMERICK] Anderson family, Carrigbeg
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 15:44:04 +1200

Hello Jack,

Have you checked IFHF to find Patrick’s siblings? If you search for baptisms of children whose father was Patrick Anderson in Co. Limerick from 1840 you find the following:

Catherine b. 1840 in Doon

Michael b. 1842 in Doon

Thomas b. 1848 in Doon

Patrick b. 1851 in Doon

Honora b. 1855 in Doon.

It seems possible that some or all of these may be members of your Patrick’s family. It may be worth your paying to view any likely ones. The cost is 5 Euro per record at www.ifhf.rootsireland.ie

I’m also interested in Andersons in this part of Co. Limerick as my grandfather’s half- brother, John Lloyd, married Kitty Andrew in Doon in 1861. While her name is given as Kitty Andrew on her marriage record, other records have her as Catherine Andrews or Catherine Anderson. There is even one which refers to her as Kitty Landers. As various members of the Landers family were sponsors at their children’s baptisms, this one may simply be a slip, but I have wondered whether Andrew-s/Anderson could be variations of the same name.

Best of luck with your search,

Margaret Lloyd

>My ggrandfather was Patrick Anderson,b.May 1851,TL Carrigbeg, parish
>Castletown,Co. Limerick. He m. Catherine Leahy, Jul 1878, Doon,Co. Limerick.
>Patrick came to the US abt 1881 and resided in South Amboy NJ with his family
>until he died in 1920. My effort is to firmly establish his
>ancestors:father believed to be Patrick and mother Mary Dwyer, they married Feb.1840,
>parish Pallasgrean, Co. Limerick. Would appreciate any more detailed info on
>Anderson family or any suggested contacts I might make.
>Jack Coley

This thread: