IRL-LOUISBURGH-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-LOUISBURGH > 2002-04 > 1017869026

From: "Dick O'Malley" <>
Subject: [Louisbgh] Searching for Bridget Heneaghan, b. 1842 in Louisburgh Co Mayo area
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:23:46 -0500

My great grandmother, Bridget Henaghan, immigrated to New England in 1855
with her mother Bridget Parsons Henaghan (1815-1887) to join her father
Thomas Henaghan (1813-1900). Thomas immigrated in 1850.

On October 10, 1863 Bridget Henaghan married Michael O'Malley, (born around
1835 in Kinnadoohy, Mayo) in Somersworth, Strafford, New Hampshire; he was
the son of Patrick O'Malley and Margaret Frazier O'Malley of Kinnadoohy.

I am in contact with Una O'Malley of Kinnadoohy, and with Heneghan family
members in Louisburgh but have yet to understand their connection with my
great grandmother Bridget Henaghan and her dad Thomas. I am told I may be
related to the Henaghan's from Moneen.

Would appreciate any suggestions on better understanding my Heneghan
ancestry in Co. Mayo.

Dick O'Malley

This thread: