IRL-MAYO-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-MAYO > 2002-02 > 1014338945

Subject: [IRL-MAYO] James Sheran of Mayo County Ireland
Date: 21 Feb 2002 17:49:05 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/WWC.2ACE/1772

Message Board Post:

While checking a old cemetery near San Andreas, Calaveras County, California I ran accross the following stone:
James Sheran
who came to his death by the fall of a bank of South Fork 9th day of Dec 1854
{in Large letters}
Native of Ireland
County Mayo

at the bottom right hand side
car. P. Mullaney
The graves located in this cemtery were moved when a lake was formed on the river they obviously were working for and during the gold rush. If you know of other sites to post this on that might help someone connect with this family member please post for me. Ruth Skidmore

This thread: