IRL-MAYO-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-MAYO > 2007-11 > 1195234138

From: ,
Subject: Re: [IRL-MAYO] Kellys-Knockroosky and Belderg More
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:28:58 -0000

Author: Irishlass45_98
Surnames: HOPKINS/JORDAN/KELLY
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.britisles.ireland.may.general/7720.25/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Jerry,

My paternal line is HOPKINS from Turlough CP, townlands of Crumlin (currently spelled Cruimlinn/Crimlin) and Derrylahan.

My grandparents were HOPKINS cousins. My grandfather's father was Farrell HOPKINS of Crumlin and my grandmother's father was Thomas HOPKINS of Derrylahan. His father was Patrick Hopkins of Derrylahan.

Farrell HOPKINS had married Mary KEARNY in 1854 after both lost their spouses from the famine. Mary had been married to a KELLY (this was according to my father). Mary had a daughter (name unknown) by KELLY and she had immigrated to the US (year unknown). According to my father, this KELLY daughter married a Frenchman and lived in New Jersey.

Thomas HOPKINS married Anne (Nancy) JORDAN in 1861. Anne's father was Michael JORDAN. Michael was the only Jordan on Derrylahan which is located in the western part of Turlough CP. Most Jordans seemed to have lived in Cashel or Lack townland which are located in the eastern part of Turlough CP.

Anne JORDAN did have a sister Mary but she had married a Jennings.

Nora HOPKINS FitzGerald
HOPKINS/BLAINE/JENNINGS/CUNNINGHAM/MCMYLER from Crimlin, Derrylahan and Commauns townlands in Mayo

Important Note: