IRL-MEATH-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-MEATH > 2008-04 > 1208222378

From: Carol Nugent <>
Subject: [IRL-MEATH] Owen Nugent
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:19:38 -0500

I have been trying to link our GGG Grandfather to family in Ireland.
His name is John Hugh Nugent married to Mary Donnelly Both born in
Ireland. He is from Meath or West Meath. We have the Death
Certificate that list his Parents as Owen Nugent and Catherine
Nugent. John was born in Ireland in 1794 and came to US by 1824.
Had his first child in NY in 1825. Had 9 children. Settled in
Michigan. One reference we found says he came over at 14 working on a
ship but some reference to married in Ireland so not sure of this
information. Family are farmers. Is there anyone that can either
link to the in country family or give me some clues to use.

Thanks Carol Nugent

This thread: