IRVING-L Archives

Archiver > IRVING > 2002-05 > 1020478434

From: Kenny Hedgpeth <>
Subject: [IRVING] David Irving/Irvine b. 1738 Scotland
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 19:13:54 -0700

Hey ya all, mine and another "distant" cousin [I think she is still on this List],
Anna Lee Hogan . . . our William Irving b. 1764 Scotland, came to P.E.I. with his
parents David Irving/Irvine b. 1738 Scotland and Margaret Graham b. 1738 Scotland on
the Lovely Nelly in 1775 from Dumfieshire, Scotland . . . Also on board the same
ship was William's future bride . . . Margaret Aitkin b. 1771 Carlowrock Nithsdale,
County Dumfries, Scotland, with her parents John Aitken b. 1729 Greenhill, Rhys,
Scotland and Margaret Louden b. 1739 Scotland

It's been reported, after William and Margaret's marriage they settled at Lower
Montegue, PEI then just prior to 1820 moved to Cherry Valley, PEI . . . [my note]
these two are my 5th gr. grandparent's :-)

It has also been reported, that the Aitken family upon arrival to PEI in 1775
settled on Panmuse Island at the enterance of Three Rivers now Georgetown later on
after their youngest son was born [1779], they moved to the mainland and settled in
Georgetown, PEI

the following is my Irving lineage . . .

1.) David Irving / Irvine 1738-[-?-] m. Margaret Graham 1738-[-?-]
2.) William [Job] Irving 1764-[-?-] m. Margaret Aitkin 1771-1828
3.) William Wightman Irving 1802-1842 m. Jannette Clow 1806-[-?-]
4.) David Clow Irving 1833-1924 m. Julia Ann Mearns 1834-1931
5.) Robert Mearns Irving 1858-1939 m. Isabella Frances Stewart 1860-1944
6.) George Washington Irving 1892-1965 m. Mildred Hazel Brown 1893-1988
7.) Harold Frederick Irving 1916-1993 m. [1st wife, is my gr'dma, still living]

Number 5 above, Robert and Isabella were married February 13, 1888 at CharlotteTown,
P.E.I., Canada . . . and their first child was born in Dec. 1889 in Massachusetts
[possibly Boston] . . . they later settled in Braintree, MA

Anyone else related to me and Anna ? ? ? [note Anna's family remains in PEI] . . .

Ken Hedgpeth ~ Arcadia, CA ~ USA