ISAACS-L Archives

Archiver > ISAACS > 2001-01 > 0979066713

From: Janice Pilkington <>
Subject: Re: [ISAACS] Elijah Isaacs, Jr. & Ann Robins
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 10:58:33 -0800

Yes, you are correct Myra. Re-reading my post, I meant to say that the
assumption that I have seen that this Ann Robins is a second wife of Col.
Elijah seems to me to be in error because Sarah w/o Col. Elijah was still alive

in 1784.
The marriage between Elijah Isaacs, Jr. and Ann Robins in Wilkes Co., NC took
place in 1780. I have a copy of the marriage bond/license and it does appear
to be Ann, not Amy. Bondsman was a Nathan Robins, from memory. Will look for
this document to see if anything else of value.
I believe that you are also correct that it doesn't necessarily mean that this
is the s/o Col. Elijah Isaacs.
I have suspected that this Elijah Isaacs, Jr. might have connection to my
Richard Isaacs, I, b c 1765, as perhaps a brother. Noting too, that it is
reported that the spouse of Richard was also a Robins (still not proven but we
do know that her first name is Elenor) in the book A History of Watauga County,
NC. I would like to follow up more on this Elijah and possibilities for him a
little
later. I think that there should be several possibilities for his parentage.
If a Samuel, not Samuel, the son of Col. Elijah, as he would not be old
enough. I
would figure this Elijah's birthdate to be c1760.
Will follow up on this later. I'm loving the discussions.
Janice

Myra V Gormley wrote:

> Janice, Aren't these two different Elijahs? The one referred to as Jr. who
> married an Ann Robins (I've always wanted to see if she was really an Amy
> rather than Ann) might be son of Samuel?
>
> Jr. and Sr. do not necessarily indicate relationship between two men --
> only a way to distinguish them in the neighborhood -- with Jr. referring to
> the younger man.
>
> P.S. the Abraham Vanderpool in Winchester, VA in the 1740s-50s is mine --
> the one who removed to North Carolina in August of 1757. He died in what's
> now Tennessee in 1778/9. His son by Rebecca
> [--?--] , Abraham Vanderpool Jr., lived in Surry County, NC and died there
> in 1794.
>
> --Myra Vanderpool Gormley, CG

This thread: